The news of Roosevelt Middle School

The Norm

Picture Day

Sy'rai Pinder-Scayle, Reporter

Picture day is September 19, 2016 at Roosevelt Middle School and students have the option to wear any attire they want. The pictures will be going into the 2016 – 2017 yearbook. Students can also order their personal photos to give out to their families and friends.

For some students this will be their first official middle school yearbook picture. For sixth graders in particular this can be a scary time for them or a time where they can shine.
Nyla Mosses, a sixth grader at Roosevelt Middle School, said she is ecstatic about taking her first middle school picture. “I’m happy to take my first middle school picture and I already have an hair appointment to make sure I look good,” said Nyla Mosses,

Like most students, Nyla, will be taking advantage of the free dress code day. Lamorries Barrentt, a sixth grader at RMS said he is happy he can express himself through his clothes. “It’s kinda cool that i’m taking my first picture in middle school and I have a chance to wear my new jeans and t-shirt,” said Lamorries.

The seventh graders are officially done with the sixth grade and are now familiar with the picture day process. Most students what to take better photos to replace the one they took the previous year and show how much they have grown. After surveying the students it seems as if the girls care more about picture day than boys. Eltonique Taylor, a seventh grader at RMS, said she going to make sure this year’s photo is the best in the book. “I don’t know what i’m wearing yet because I need my outfit to be perfect, but I will be ready,” said Eltonique. Another seventh grader, Anthony Banks, said he plans to be fresh this pictures day. “ I like picture day because I can wear whatever I want, but I really don’t care about taking the picture as much,” he said.

This 2016-2017 will be dedicated to the eighth grader since it will be their last year at Roosevelt Middle School. Most are happy to finally take their last picture in middle school. These eighth graders are claiming to stop the show on picture day and have the best yearbook photos yet. Jasmine Williams, a third year student at RMS, said she will make sure this year will be one to remember starting with her yearbook photo. “I’m happy because I get to cherish all my memories at Roosevelt and get to remember all the good things at this school,” said Jasmine, “I might wear a dress or jeans and a polo shirt, but whatever I wear is going to be fly.” Fellow eighth grader, Stone Thomas, said he plans to treat the day like any other day just in more comfortable clothes. “Picture day is cool but I might wear gym shorts and a t-shirt,” said Stone.

Look out the 2016 – 2017 yearbook, it’s going to be filled with great memories including picture day

1 Comment

One Response to “Picture Day”

1. John on December 1st, 2016 10:24 AM

#thegogetters

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Picture Day

Editorial & Opinion

Dwayne Johnson Or Kanye West For President?

• Picture Day

Entertainment

Touchdown For The Riviera Beach Chargers!

• Picture Day

Entertainment

Women’s and Men’s College Basketball Season

• Picture Day

Showcase

Boys And Girls Club Of West Palm Beach.

• Picture Day

Showcase

Steelers? Broncos? Panthers? Who will win the Superbowl this year?

• Picture Day

Arts & Academics

PENCILS AND PENS COULD BE BANNED FROM SCHOOLS IN PALM BEACH COUNTY

• Picture Day

Arts & Academics

SCIENCE FAIR

• Picture Day

Entertainment

Bullseye Gaming

• Picture Day

Arts & Academics

OPEN HOUSE

• Picture Day

Arts & Academics

Top Five Hits of 2016

The news of Roosevelt Middle School
Picture Day